Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And I would have to agree...

My sweet baby girl, who will stay my sweet baby girl until she is old enough to have her own babies, is just pretty much the sweetest thing in my world at the moment. (Did I mention she's sweet? And Michelle, I have some rice cakes. Just wanted to make sure I was clear on that.) Don't worry, her husband will be fully briefed on the integral part I plan to play in their daily lives before they walk down the aisle. And his acceptance is a mandatory part of receiving our blessing. (Just kidding. I really will let her leave and cleave. As long as "leaving" involves them living next door. Just kidding. They can live up to a block away. Or 400 yds. Whichever is closer. But I digress...) It could be that this toddler stage is just an incredibly fun stage. I mean, I LOVE the four year old stage. It's so fun to watch them gain independence and really see them interact with their peers. But that 1-3 age range just might be my favorite ever. I love her chubby-arm hugs and snuggles. Trying to discern her unique baby words. And just treasuring those simple moments like today before nap time... I had just finished changing her diaper and she looked at me with a big smile and said, "I so precious." Yes, my little one. You definitely are. (And my previous post about creating a Diva begins to make sense...) :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the laugh, Chris. I actually laughed out loud while reading about the rice cakes. Do you have any??????

Unknown said...

You can be sure Chris has either rice cakes or soy joys! :) - mere

Adelia said...

I completely agree with you about the 1-3 age/stage. So, so wonderful.

And don't get me started on the leaving and cleaving...We have similar plans. ;)

Suzanne said...

So glad I read this as my 3 year old has been a little disgruntled lately and I haven't been focused on the precious. I'll take extra note of it today. :)