I started an amazing, photo-filled blog post about Michigan to tell everyone the wonders of our fantastic trip. However, "Mr. Chris" the city electrical man came and replaced our meter today (and answered about a million questions for the kiddos) and killed our power momentarily--therefore eliminating all of my unsaved hard work! But I still really wanted to blog, so you're getting some quotes from today...
(Me and the girls having some quality time... while they are combing, "straightening", and adding sparkles and "curl-glue"
to my hair)
Me: Thanks girls! I just love it when you do my hair.
Anna: Your welcome, Mom. We're going to make it nice and pretty so no one says you're a sassy pants.
(Now on to talking about our favorite things...)
Anna: Mom, what's your favorite ring? (She's enamored with jewelry)
Me: My wedding ring. Daddy gave it to me and I love him. Someday, when it's time for you get married, you can marry someone like Daddy. A boy who loves the Lord, loves you, and treats you nicely.
Anna: That's why I want to marry Will! Because he loves the Lord, and he treats me sweet. And, he's really handsome. :)
Mikaiah: I want to marry Jakin! (Jakin is especially nice to Mikaiah; however, despite our current Arkansas residence, I could not perpetuate the belief that it's acceptable to marry one's brother....)
Me: Mikaiah, you can't marry Jakin because he's your brother. Can you think of someone else who loves and Lord and is really kind?
Mikaiah: Kylah! (At this point, I realized it was a losing battle. Although we did cover the idea that her marriage choice would ideally be male.)
Meanwhile, Daddy and Jakin were playing golf and having some quality boy time. (Which is a nice diversion for Jakin, who is quite my special little buddy. So much so, that Brian occasionally checks Jakin's belly button to make sure the umbilical chord was actually cut four years ago.) After an enjoyable evening, the following conversation took place:
Dad: Jakin, I had alot of fun tonight! Thanks for playing golf with me. I really enjoy spending time with you.
Jakin: Your welcome, Dad. I really enjoy spending time with mom.
5 comments:
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVE IT!
Haha! Welcome back to blogging my friend!
I LOVE YA AND MISS YA!
the last one with jakin is awesome!!! love it! :) so glad you posted!!!
So cute! I love the real conversations with your kids. :)
Those are awesome! :)
That is hilarious!I can't belive Jakin actually said that. So funny.
Post a Comment