I want to work at Disney World. Can you imagine a better place to spend all your time? Meeting all those interesting people, keeping up the energy of the place, helping people have the time of their lives (ok, the heat and the screaming children could get tedious at times, but I think the Disney Magic would outweigh those negatives.)
Our trip was absolutely fantastic. One thing that blew me away was how many international visitors Disney World has. I asked around and couldn't get an accurate count of just how many guests at our resort were international, but it was a very large number. I actually really enjoyed playing a game with myself... I would check out their style, coloring, language and guess which country they were from. If I do say so myself, I totally rocked at it. (Until I realized that there was really no standard to measure the accuracy in my made up game and had no real way of knowing if I was right or not, but still... I think I usually was. ).
Where do I even begin to explain how much fun we had? A little background... we went on the trip with some amazing friends. Our newlywed friends, Logan and Britney, and her parents, Darren and Lori. They are some of the craziest Disney fans I have ever met, so it was incredibly fun experiencing the parks with them. (And since Darren is a CPA and one of the more organized people on the planet, our trip was planned down to the detail, including our park routes so that not a moment was wasted! There was not one time I thought, "Man, I wish we could've gotten to that..." Because we got to pretty much everything. It was a very fun and refreshing way to travel for this crazy Matchell family!)
We stayed on site for three nights, then we all shared a house in Orlando with a pool (one of the highlights of the trip for the kids). We did a day at Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, then back to Magic Kingdom. Spent a day recuperating and checking out, then did a day at Sea world. That left us with the choice of going back to Disney for one more day or just resting/shopping/swimming at the house. Amazingly enough, we chose to rest. Once you move off site, the park craziness kind of subsides and you realize that maybe riding roller coasters until 2:00 am is slightly crazy. However, that didn't diminish our fun in any way--we laughed, played games, ate yummy food and swam... alot. (So much so that our big kids turned a huge corner and can now actually swim! So fun to watch. )
Since our 500 pictures and videos are currently loading, the pictures may just have to wait for the next post. I may write from each of the kids perspective simply to help me remember all their magical moments individually. (Sorry if that may sounds boring, but writing about it will help me remember it as well.) We'll see... But I promise, there will be pictures to come!
3 comments:
Oh, Chris, you would be perfect for Disney World!! I'm so excited about seeing the pictures! When we go, we'll have to take an organized friend--great tip! ;) And I love your game, I'm sure you did rock at it!
So fun! I'm glad the trip was great. I can't wait to hear more.
Brian! I am SO very impressed with your blogging!! I think you should add in more often :) I love the story about Jakin kissing Cinderella!!! Thanks for all the pics! Alaina
Post a Comment