Wednesday, February 23, 2011

They make me smile

Jakin: "Mmmm..... Mom, do I smell popcorn??"

Me: "Um.... no."

Jakin: "Hmmm..... maybe we should make some then!"

-------------------------------------------------------


Anna: "Mom, I kinda felt like I was going to puke at gymnastics. But don't worry, I swallowed it all back down. I just really didn't want to make a mess all over."


--------------------------------------------------------

Walking into Daddy's basketball game... already a little past bedtimes.... on a day with no naps:

Anna: Wailing in the parking lot about how she's tired and just wants to be at home (which is understandable, yet one more teachable moment on how to choose self-control)

Me: Trying to talk Anna off the cliff and encourage her to choose a happy heart. Because we were staying for the game and showing our support and love for Daddy. So it would be more pleasant for everyone if there wasn't a screaming child. Because we've been there, and it isn't pleasant. Then Jakin interupted me with the following reassurance:

Jakin: "Don't worry, Mom. I'll take care of business."

He just makes my heart smile.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

ha. jakin is so funny! i'm so glad yall came! i think the kids had fun together with their little campfire and all :)

Anonymous said...

That Jakin is a funny and witty little guy! I love your stories about him. =)

Allie said...

I love that this blog ALWAYS makes me laugh out loud. I really want to come visit again soon! Let me know when your kids hit junior high - I will come teach them! :)