Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Daddy/Daughter Dance

I looked back through the last few posts of our blog and realized I haven't talked about any of the wonderful things my kids are doing lately.... so I will now.

Every February, our sweet little town hosts a dance for Dads and daugthers. Normally, our Friday nights in February are spent at Daddy's basketball games, but this year, we had our amazingly huge snowfall and school/basketball was cancelled for a few weeks. So, free Friday night for Anna to spend a night out on the town with her Daddy! Whoo-hoo!! We debated about having both girls go... but ultimately decided it would be a lot more meaningful if Anna was singled out this time.

I curled, braided, and made her hair all fancy. And then came to the conclusion that I have zero skill when it comes to do fancy hairdo's so I straightened all my efforts and left it long and beautiful. Since our little girl is blessed with a few fabulously fancy gowns, I just let her choose one of her flowergirl dresses to wear. Of course, she chose the one with a bit of pink.



Then her and Daddy posed for a few pictures and were off to the dance!!




Amazingly, there was absolutely no sadness from Jakin and Mikaiah at the idea of staying home. Mikaiah donned her beautiful dress as well so she could pose with Daddy, but then the three of us all snuggled with a snack and watched Mary Poppins. My kind of night!




I know this one is a little dark, but I just LOVE their sweet expressions!
We were a little surprised by Anna's reaction to the dance. She LOVES to dance, so we both expected her to dance the night away and party it up the whole time, but she seemed to be just a bit overwhelmed by the loud music and huge crowd. They danced together for about 30 minutes, then she gave Daddy the sign that she was good to leave.





So, they drove past the house, picked us up, and it was off to Cherry Berry for the whole family to finish off the night!!





I love my silly boy. And Anna sitting so sweetly in the background.


It was a wonderful night all around, especially for Anna. And since Daddy is a superstar, he used those precious pictures of the him and the girls to make them each Valentine's cards the next week! Way to go Daddy!!

1 comment:

Alaina said...

that is such a sweet story! Way to go brian. And I think Anna's hair looked really great! Is she growing it long to be like me :) lol!