The past few weeks around here have been rather heavy. We are still grieving the loss of a dear, precious friend. Our calling to move our family and invest ourselves fully in ministry in Bentonville was reaffirmed to us after a few stressful weeks. The big kids will be starting school in the fall. And we are back to putting our house on the market in the very near future.
As we have gone through these things, it has been very interesting to take a step back and see how Brian and I process as individuals, and just as importantly, how we handle things as a couple and then communicate as parents. And I must say, even though things have been challenging at times, there is no one I'd rather walk alongside this life with than my sweet husband. His poise and wisdom are a wonderful balance for my unique brand of crazy. :)
But I think the most wonderful thing about the last few weeks is that it has made me really want to savor. And live out that quote about dancing in the rain instead of waiting for the storm to pass. Because there's always going to be sadness. Or dishes and landry and one more closet to organize (and we only have 2. Ha!) But the time is drawing to a close when I have uninterupted time with my little ones. When I can take the time in the middle of the day to get down on their level and really listen to their interesting stories. Look into their eyes and touch their hearts.
It doesn't really matter where I'll be next year or even next week. I have today to enjoy. To play and sing and be silly. Because there are three precious little ones who watch how I handle stress and sadness. And giggle when I dance outside just because the sun is shining. So today, I will choose to slow down and savor the sweet moments I have with them. And be thankful for those.
3 comments:
I love your thoughts and your attitude has always inspired me so much. You are incredibly awesome, friend, and I love that you're my sister.
Well said, Christine. I think we all need to be reminded of that regularly!
And, though I am sad that you have had a stressful time, I am selfishly excited to have you closer!
Thanks for your encouragement.
Post a Comment