Thursday, October 1, 2009

The first of many...

(Even though I started thinking about this October 1st, I didn't actually post it till the 20th. So don't worry Mere-you didn't miss it somehow.) :)

So, the past few months have brought some change and been a bit of a whirlwind around the Matchell house. And I've found that it's left me with a lot of time on my hands to think. Not deep, wonderful, theological musings. No, my thoughts are more of the fleeting, crazy variety that squeeze in between the 22nd and 23rd read through of I Love You Stinky Face. The kind that spiral out of control when I don't hold them in check.
( "Oh my goodness! We haven't put our house on the market!!! We need to do that because we need to be closer to Brian and show him support and show that we're completely on board with this, and then the kids could see him more! But if we do put it on the market, then I will have to vacuum my house every single second and we can't start crazy paint projects or use scissors or play dough or markers because those are messy!! Or even eat because that leaves crumbs!! And what about all the laundry?! Oh, the laundry! And what will I do if someone actually calls?!!! I will just have to grab the children and any toys that my hands can hold and run! And what if crazy people looking for a house see our sign and just start looking through our windows?!! AHHH!!!!) But then I take a deep breath, and realize that God is sovereign. And he has left his powerful Word for me to hold onto. (When I take a break from my very logical thoughts to listen...) Lately, I've been meditating on Philippians 4:4-8. And claiming that peace that will guard my heart. And trying to meditate on things that are admirable, lovely, excellent, and praisworthy. I'm not always successful, but at least it's a start. So, I'm going to begin sharing those things with you. My Philipians 4:8 musings. If I make sure that I share them with you, then it will ensure that I'm am thinking along the lines that I should be. "Setting my mind on things above..." (Even if there really are crazy people that peer through windows of houses for sale and scare the poor inhabitants to death.)

Sweet little pigtails in baby-soft hair. And the precious girl who actually sits still for it!




All my little crazies, snuggled together.



The sweet, sweet relationship that our kids have at this stage in their lives.




Gluten-free chocolate cookies that actually turn out!! Since I've had many attempts that have turned out like this...

6 comments:

Amanda said...

those cookies look familiar. even if they didn't rise...they were still good!

miss you friend. let's catch up soon. i love ya!

Adelia said...

While you may consider your thoughts as fleeting and crazy, you often have such a joy and peace about you that inspires me. We are praying for your family as you guys go through the first of many!

Your little crazies are so sweet and beautiful as always!!

Meredith Adair said...

How have I missed this post?? First of all, people aren't THAT crazy for looking into windows of homes for sale... ; ) Second of all, I'm proud of you for looking to the Lord for His peace.

Melissa said...

ha. that made me laugh about people looking through the windows because i relate: when our first "lookers" inquired, i all the sudden freaked out and asked jason "what if they just wanna scope out our place and have bad intentions to take lincoln or rob us?!" Turns out it was the sweet couple from JBU that you guys know - i felt ridiculous. Thanks for the calming words. And Lincoln keeps demanding I make his meals gluten-free now. :)

Smits Family said...

I am JUST seeing this!

Love the pigtails! Love the Pea Coat!

Did you see BC has new Gfree cake mix?

Love ya and wish I was there to help!

Michelle said...

In our defense...all but ONE time there was no one home when we were peaking in windows!! :)
How about this...since I find myself often getting worried about our house situation, I will pray for you when I am having anxious thoughts, and you can do vice versa for me. I'm sure we both could use the extra prayer!