But for now, we'll celebrate the end of their first year of preschool. The kids had a FANTASTIC year and enjoyed going to school so much. They went two mornings a week, and if we stay in the area, they are thrilled with the idea of getting to go three mornings next year. (Sniff... sniff...at least I still have one child that desires my company above all else. So much for those other two... But really, let's just think a moment about the injustice of it all!!
--You get pregnant and realize that there are TWO little heartbeats instead of the ONE that you were expecting
--You put your life on hold as you consume every piece of food that passes in front of you so you can gain as much weight as humanly possibly in order to bring two healthy babies into the world (so maybe that wasn't completely necessary, but a girl might as well live it up while she's pregnant! and they were both big and healthy!)
--You spend sleepless nights rocking wide-eyed babies who don't realize that it's night and think that it is day...
--You wash a million onesies and sort through a thousand socks little socks simply to find a pair that matches...
--THEN, the trappings of glue, crepe paper, and finger paints lure them away. That is the injustice that I'm speaking of. What do you mean it's a sign of healthy independence that they really want to go to school and don't want to simply sit at home with me all day every day??? I refuse to believe it.. and I would be lying if I led you to believe that Jakin was not still extremely attached to me despite his adoration of school. So really, it's just the one... And I am determined to win her back...
Anyway, here is a picture of the three of them after Jakin and Anna's spring program. We desperately wanted to get one of just the "big kids" but didn't succeed. Maybe sometime, I'll include all 30 (literally!) of the pictures that I snapped and discarded! Thank goodness for digital cameras! Oh, and if you haven't ever seen a group of 4 year olds sing songs and do little matching hand motions, you are definitely missing out. It was one of the most precious and hilarious sights ever!
(It has literally been so long since I blogged, it took me a sec to remember how to insert a picture! Oh dear... so I think I am going to do something crazy. Like commit to blogging everyday this week to get me back in the habit. Yikes! I'm sure you all will be waiting expectantly... or not so much! Until tomorrow...)
3 comments:
TWO accomplishments for you!!! (1) - you made it through their first year! So proud of you - I know it was crazy hard, and (2)oh my goodness you're BLOGGING again!! Wasn't it 2 Fridays ago you said you were "getting back into it?" Better late than never. And let's pray neither of us are around for them to go to the same pre-school :)
You are hilarious! I love reading your blog. It makes me feel like I don't live 200 miles away from you. Love you and miss you tons! We should chat sometime. I'll be home on the weekend of the 15th. Maybe we can get some girlie time in then.
So cute!
Joey loves his little preschool, too. But, yes, he still loves his days with mommy too! :)
I'm holding on to that!
I love the cowboy boots on the girls...adorable!
Post a Comment