Friday, March 19, 2010

We'll have to set our sights on another

I think Mikaiah's first wedding may be extra special because not only does she get to dress in a fantastic twirling dress, she gets to walk down the aisle to one of her favorite people in the whole world. Logan, or "My Wogy" as Mikaiah lovingly refers to him, is the groom and quite possibly the love of Mikaiah's little life. She simply adores him. (I have very reasonably requested that Logan put off this whole wedding business and wait 20 years for her to grow up. But alas, he is simply too in love... with one of Kaiah's other favorite people. So, she doesn't seem to mind that the love of her life is committing himself to another. At least he's making a stellar choice of a bride.) Mikaiah seems to be the most bashful of our offspring so far, so her little jaunt down the aisle does concern me a bit. However, I think that if she catches sight of Logan standing up front, we'll have another problem entirely--we won't be able to stop her chubby little legs from sprinting!

Mikaiah and her Wogy:


Mikaiah modeling her fun dress!



And one of Anna with both Brit and Logan, at a wedding this winter that Anna accompanied me too. Britney was a bridesmaid and just looked gorgeous.


Here are Logan and Britney helping her into the beautiful dress they chose. I love that I caught Mikaiah's first impression on video as she was zipped into her fancy dress! Isn't it fun to get all dressed up?!! I LOVE weddings!!! Now, I just need to find a cute dress that makes me want to twirl! Thank you Korri and Britney for inlcluding the crazy Matchells in your very special days!! (In case you were wondering, NO, that is not my very annoying voice you hear behind the scenes. That is some nameless, faceless person who should never speak on video again. Well, Ok, maybe if she just shows the video to her children. Because they love her crazy voice. But not if she's going to share it publicly. Ever. And she has now learned her lesson. At least I think she has.)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Super cute!
Mere and I are here watching the video together.
We both want one of those twirly dresses.
I'm amazed that Makaiah knows exactly what to do when she puts on a beautiful dress...TWIRL! :)

Soaring High said...

Don't we all wish we could be little girls again and wear twirly dresses like that!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Those dresses are awesome and your girls look beautiful! I shouldn't have watched that video with my girls, because now they just have to have a pretty white dress too. =)

Make sure to post lots of pics from Britney's wedding! =)

Amy said...

Adorable! Those are really cute flower girl dresses. She is getting so big- her hair cut is so cute.

Adelia said...

Oh my goodness! Those dresses and your girls!! Too cute! I like how Makaiah's head starts leading the twirl at the end. :-D They are just precious, Chris!!!

Suzanne said...

I love how you love and delight in your kiddos. It is purely beautiful. She is precious and I hope feels comfortable on Wedding day. :)