Saturday, March 13, 2010

Positive words

Last night at dinner, Anna was grumbling a bit about the meal (which is surprising because she is our best eater and it was one of her favorite meals! It could have been that she ate an entire red bell pepper while I was cooking the stir-fry and wasn't quite in the mood for any more. Ha!). Brian told her that if she couldn't find anything positive to say, then she should simply choose to be quiet. Everyone was quiet for a moment, then Jakin lifted his spoon high and exclaimed, "Dad! This spoon is awesome!!" (And while I was thankful that he was being positive, I was left to wonder if the quality of my cooking has deteriorated to the point that we now have to praise the cutlery in order to have something edifying to say.)

My positive man, shoveling snow on Christmas day with a smile.

4 comments:

Soaring High said...

Just found your blog and love it. I love the honesty of life with small children. your a great mom. that happens a lot at our house.

Jody Wood Whitehead said...

I LOVED this! :)

Meredith Adair said...

Sweet Jakin!

Wendy said...

:-D Love it!