Sunday, March 14, 2010

My other career option

Every once in a while.... I cry.

Like when I get frustrated.

Or sad.

Or happy.

Or stressed.

Or angry.

Or when I laugh really hard.

Or watch something touching (like the montages of the Olympics. Anyone else? I have kind of a love/hate relationship with those.)

Or sing a good song.

Or fill a prescription. (I know... this one doesn't really make sense to me either. I just know that when my kids went through the stage where they were sick ALL the time, I actually opted to switch pharmacies rather than have the poor man at USA Drug see me cry for the fourth time.)

And sometimes I cry when I'm embarrassed. Which is funny since I get myself into embarrassing situations ALOT. And then I like to share those terribly embarrassing situations with pretty much everyone who is inclined to listen. (My friend once said that her humiliation seems to ease somewhat if she shares it with others. I obviously agree with her.)

Did I mention that I got to be part of a Women's conference titled "Cry out to Jesus". They had obviously heard about my incredible talent and knew I would be perfect to help.

The funny thing is that typically when I start to cry, I get frustrated with myself for crying... and since I cry when I'm frustrated, it usually just makes me cry more. One would think by now that the frustration factor would be limited, since I have a vast amount of experience dealing with my tears... but obviously not. I get all apologetic, and even more teary... it really is just an ugly process. I actually wonder if my body simply creates more tears than the average. Maybe that's the explanation! I have to use them all, since my eyes are simply SUPERB at making an abundance of tears. Finally... a plausible explanation. I'll have to call my kindergarten teacher. Since I cried in her class every day--sometimes just because I loved her so much--until Thanksgiving break, at which time she threatened to start spanking me. (I went to a Christian school. Those teachers were fierce! And after I cried over her threat... it actually worked.)

Anyway, back to my career option... I'm sure you're wondering if there was a point to the rambling. Let me assure you, there is. Brian thought of a fantastic opportunity to use my tears for the greater good. If this whole stay-at-home-mom thing quits working for me, I can create a new genre of hollywood superstar. Instead of a stunt double, I could be a cry double. Since I am so talented in this area, I would obviously be very successful. It may even come to a point where I designate specifically who I'd be willing to cry for... such as Julia Roberts or Reese Witherspoon. That way, when hollywood decides to make a movie of my life, they will already be well acquainted with me and will be nominated for an Academy Award. (Hey, it could happen! Sandra Bullock isn't the only great actress out there.)

8 comments:

Allison Bellomy said...

you make me smile :) I think I am going to cry because I will be gone for 9 days starting this Friday and I will miss you! can't wait to see you this week!!

Anonymous said...

ooooh, I love a good cry! =)

Unknown said...

i'm right there with you! need i remind everyone of grandma matchell's favorite corrie story? "don't worry, grandma, i just cry alot," still comes to mind sometimes when i'm crying and don't want to freak people out. cry double is a great career option. take me with you on the red carpet! try to get in a movie with karl urban, ok?

Soaring High said...

I'm there with you. I used to think it was all hormones, but then I'd have been hormonal since I was a baby. I used to cry listening to my mom play the piano. (she was a good pianist). I cry at the commercials during the Olympics all the time. I think after 8 years of Luke seeing me cry, he's gotten used to it.

Unknown said...

oh, and i did mean KARL urban, not keith urban. i know where your country-loving mind goes!

Wendy said...

Heeheee ... oh, you poor thing. I've never really been sure what to do with criers, seeing as how I only cry when something is actually wrong. ;-)
So, what is the other person supposed to do? Hug you when you cry over spilled milk, a broken vaccuum, or a commercial? I need tips. Knowing a "professional crier" may come in handy someday.

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

oops...double posted.