With such a fun place to go! Friday night, Brian and I put on our fanciest clothes (actually, not even my fancy clothes, but a very sweet friend's dress) and hung out with some wonderful friends at this very shi-shi charity ball. (Compliments of Adair Creative Group. Thanks Dave!!) It was SO fun to eat delicious food with good friends and just enjoy being out for a delightful evening. And I just think it's fun to see my handsome husband in a suit! :) Before the big night, I decided to say "good-bye" to my very dark brunette hair in favor of some subtle blonde highlights. It's nice being at least a little closer to the blonde hair of my youth. :) (Thanks Korri!! You're the best!) Korri also helped me "poof" my hair a bit. So, I was in a dress that was a COMPLETELY new style for me with poofy hair. Oh. Dear. And I know what you're thinking... That my hair doesn't even look that poofy. But for me, it was a poof of grand proportions. Although, now I kinda like it. I even found myself teasing and poofing before the kids soccer game on saturday morning. Ha! I will add some more group shots when my wonderful photographer friends send me their pictures. For now, you're stuck with my these from my point and shoot. :) Also, I must say a HUGE thanks to my friends Lori, Britney, and Darren. (aka The Varsity) Our kiddos spent the night with them and did not even miss us because they had so much fun!

A little blurry, but here's the very fun dress. I will try to procure a clearer shot at some point

This is one of the funniest girls I know, wheeling out the bunny that she so enthusiastically bid on at the silent auction. We were all celebrating with her when she actually got it!

The charity weekend, including tennis tournaments and auctions, had already raised over 30 million dollars! I think most of it went to the Arkansas Crisis Group (which deals mostly with suicide prevention).
8 comments:
Oh my Lord, girl, tell me you're not the most gorgeous thing in the world. Go on, tell me and I'll tell you that you're a liar. You look incredible! So fun!!!
Good use of Shi-shi! :)
You look awesome!!!
Did she use the "bumpit" in your hair?! :) Did Bryan notice the highlights?
Girl, you look fantastic!! The dress is so fun! And your hair looks amazing, too.
Okay, we're gonna have to dress up and go somewhere together sometime, just for the heck of it. I love getting dolled up!!
Ooh la la!! What a beautiful couple!!! And hooray for a friend with a great dress that looks like it was made just for YOU!
And double hooray for The Varsity!! Such a blessing to have your kids in a fun, loved, safe place so Mom and Dad can have a night on the town! Woo-hoo!
The hair looked really cute!!! Sounds like you had a great time. Fun to have a dress up night out on the town :)
Trish
you looked great!!! i can't wait to see your hair in person...i loved the poof and I can tell :) miss you!!!
-allison
oh you look beautiful!!!!!!!!
Chris and Brian, you guys look great. And your kiddos are gorgeous.
I love to catch up on your blog. I wish I could be around you in your parenting phase. It's so long since we were little RAs, going on fall retreat 2002.
Post a Comment