We were sitting at the table, enjoying a little lunch. I was enjoying my yummy salad, not really paying attention to what the kids were talking about when I hear Anna say, "Mommy, did you hear me?"
"What did you say?" I ask her.
"Are we white?" Anna asked. "Did God make us with white skin?" (Oh dear, I haven't really thought about the best way to discuss racial diversity with my 3 yr. olds, so I just plunged right in...)
"Yes, Anna, God made us white. He made everyone different and everyone beautiful in their own way." I answered.
She thought for a bit and said, "I wish God would have made me pink."
Jakin, who had been quiet through the whole conversation, added, "And I want to be green."
The beautiful simplicity of being three...
(I realize it's been like a year since I've updated, but don't worry--I'm still alive! Brian has the camera cord at work-but when it makes it's way back home, I will post some pics of the fun we've been having around here.) :)
2 comments:
Glad to see you back online! I missed your funny updates. Did you have fun with your fam? hope to see you soon!
Amy
ha. That's hilarious. I LOVE reading the little conversations you post of them!!!
Post a Comment