That would be Jakin, completely off his bed, sleeping on the floor with all his blankets and pillow. The wall is apparently covered in some type of chapstick contraband that he snuck into nap time. He decided to do a little artwork before he fell into an exhausted sleep on the floor. (Don't worry, it came right off when he had to clean it up...)
Many of you know that in addition to nap time battles, we've also been having some potty battles with our little man. (Actually, not so much battles anymore, since I've decided to follow everyone's advice and wait until he shows some signs of readiness instead of just trying to force him. But I digress...) I gave them a bath this morning and after his bath, he said, "Mommy, hurry and get a diaper so I don't pee!" I said, "Jakin, why don't you just pee in the potty?" His answer was classic, "I can't because the potty's not thankful." What?!! "The potty isn't thankful?" I clarified. "Yes, I haven't given it pee-pees, so it's not thankful. I haven't been a blessing to the potty." Oh dear. This issue may be more serious than I thought. Or maybe he's just throwing those words around because he knows I like to hear them.... But seriously, how can you be frustrated with this cute face wrapped in his froggy towel? I just love this little man....
5 comments:
"I haven't been a blessing to the potty" : okay, this is the cutest potty training line I have ever heard. Cracked me up. Sounds like he's making progress! He's at least aware of what's going on... and I think that's one of the biggest hurdles.
Sweet little Jakin. I just love that little guy. :-)
That IS the cutest potty line I've ever heard, and I've already potty trained three!! Hilarious kid you have there!
he is so cute...i think he is doing better, he knew he had to go!! :) he is pretty adorable in that towel!
He is adorable. Joey has the same towel...actually I think maybe it was from you???? He loves it, and uses it at every bath time. Don't worry, Jakin is at least making me feel sane that Joey isn't the least bit interested in potty training either. I hope you had fun tonight with the girls. Wish I was there!
Oh my goodness, it doesn't get anymore precious than that!!
Post a Comment