Tuesday, February 17, 2009
I am definitely in Arkansas
A man just knocked on my door. I opened it up to see a stranger dressed in jeans and boots offering to sell me meat. "You want to look at the steaks in my truck?" he asked in a thick, country accent. "It's really fresh. I just got some leftover. Just thought I'd see if you wanted to buy some steak. It's out in the truck..." What?! Even if I was the least bit tempted (I do love a good steak!), this is a strange man, knocking on my door, selling steak out of his truck. I now have images of "fresh" bloody slabs of meat laying in the back of his F150--not appetizing. "I don't think so," I answered. Then he said, "Do I know you? You look really familiar... (as he's looking at our cute little wooden name sign hanging out front--I'll now consider taking that down...) "Maybe I've just seen you at Wal-Mart," he concluded. (Which is probably true--since Wal-mart is like the social center of our town. But that sounds pathetic when it's actually a reasonable conclusion to why one would recognize strangers.) "Sure you don't want some steak?" he offered one last time. I refused his generous offer, one more time. I had to be polite about it though, because I might see him at Wal-Mart later on today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
So funny! Aw...I love AR. =)
You should not open your door for strangers! (That's what James always tells me... :) )
Wow, you really know how to talk me in to coming back :) Maybe he can be my kids teacher?
ROFL!!! This is why you should always have your own cow in the back yard . . . . "Thank you, but we've covered" :-D
BTW, I think that same guy stopped by here on Saturday!
Hilarious!! And, Rachel, you crack me up!!
Okay, I've had meat-truck-guys stop by before, but never in jeans and an F150. Oh my!!
That is CRAZY!!! What in the world?? But hey, great for being polite - you never know when you might run into him down at the ol' walmart.
okay, some guys came to OUR house too a few weeks ago!! marc answered(you know how he is NOT from AR!!) and it weirded him out!!so funny.we didnt buy any either..
Good call!
Post a Comment