Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A great check-up...

We had Mikaiah's one year check-up the other day and it went awesome! Since taking gluten out of her diet about three weeks ago, she's gained back the 2 pounds she lost over the winter! Yeah! She's 20 pounds now and back up in the 20th percentile! The doctor was really impressed with us for changing her diet and we made a good plan for the future. It's a little early to call it Celiac yet, but we're going to assume at the very least it's a gluten intolerance and stick with her diet for at least the next year.
She's in the 75 percentile for her height (the sheet with her actual numbers is in her room, where she's sleeping--so you'll just have to be satisfied with the general info--if you even care). :)
She's walking now and LOVING it. It's so cute to see her so proud of herself. I'll try to upload a video soon.
She was a trooper through her shots and even cut one more tooth right before our appt. to make a whopping grand total of four!

2 comments:

liasmomma said...

Christine - we too follow a gluten free diet for both me and Lia. I found that when I eliminated gluten from Lia's diet her ezxema went away completely. So if you need some gluten free tips on what's good out there, then e-mail me and let me know. I've tried lots of different things by now and have found many good things.

Trish

Amy said...

I'm so glad this is helping. Is it a lot of work? Do you feed her seperately, or do you all just elminate a lot of gluten?

Congrats on the walking! I bet she is loving it!