Miss Korri, one of the kids' favorite people, got to come with us to the zoo. She was Mikaiah's best buddy the whole day.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Busy and a wonderful anniversary
Wow--the last few weeks have been busy but very fun. This past week we had gymnastics, played with friends, went to at least four different parks around town, went to the zoo, and I worked a volleyball camp every night while amazing friends and a very amazing Daddy watched the little crazies. We ended the week by dropping the kids off at Mimi and Papa's and going away for our anniversary to a bed and breakfast. Isn't it wonderful just to get away and enjoy each other every once in a while? To just be a relaxed couple instead of the circus with many little munchkins in tow? We came back from our night away feeling wonderfully rested and reconnected. Brian was such a good sport about discussing all the "anniversary prompts" that I came up with. Fun times, hard times, most touching times, favorite times, etc. And Mimi and Papa were AMAZING, as always, with the kiddos. (We can never thank you guys enough for the wonderful gift of a night away!) Pretty much the only thing hanging over Brian's head was knowing that he needed to mow our jungle of a lawn as soon as we got back home. But when we got home, he realized that a sweet friend mowed it for us! We're not sure who it was, so thank you to whoever added an extra blessing to our anniversary weekend. :) I could not fine ONE picture of just me and Brian in all of the 2, 377 pictures on our computer. So here's a picture of the kids from the zoo.

Miss Korri, one of the kids' favorite people, got to come with us to the zoo. She was Mikaiah's best buddy the whole day.
Miss Korri, one of the kids' favorite people, got to come with us to the zoo. She was Mikaiah's best buddy the whole day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
It sounds like a good 'busy.' Yes, getaways...Brett and are dashing off in a few weekends for our anniversary. We usually both forget our anniv but not this year. This momma/wife needs some time with her man!! Just wait another year or so, you'll start putting the camera in one of your kid's hands to get a 'couple' photo. Oh yes, that's how we do it around here...shameless, I know! Alex is 3 and has some mad camera skills! I'm happy your enjoying so many wonderful blessings!
I am jealous that you got away! We did get to go on a date last night... and talked about how we need to make that a priority! I have always thought and vocalized how that should be a priority in marriages and somehow we have not done it! I think it is the money issue and not having family around to help with kids!
We dream about the chance to get away for a night or even weekend by ourselves! I can't really imagine when that will happen?!
Happy anniversary! I will call you guys sometime today, but I thought I'd post it here too. I love you and I'm so glad that you had a chance to get away!
How fun!
Good guessing on my contest. You're right...no good places to hike around here!
Happy Aniversary. It is important to carve out time for yourselves and to celebrate your marriage.
Kerwin and Vicki.
P.S. Take pictures of just the two of you at each stage of your life. You will treasure them later.
That sounds so fun! I'm so glad you got to go away and that's awesome that somebody mowed for you! Nice!
Busy, busy!! I'm so glad you got time away to recuperate with the love of your life.
(By the way, we call grandparents "Mimi and Papaw," too!)
We'll have been married 12 years in November, and we have NEVER "gotten away." I'm always pregnant or nursing, but NOT THIS YEAR! Cross your fingers for me... (for the night way!)
Post a Comment