Monday, May 4, 2009
They obviously didn't get the memo...
It's nap time around here. And that means everyone is QUIET!!! (Especially after a day like today. It started out PERFECTLY--early morning run, devotions, wonderful coffee, delicious breakfast with the kids, no one wetting the bed, poop that actually when in the potty, all children actually wearing clothes. And then things started melting down. Thankfully, I had nap time to look forward to. Or not...) We're kind of Nazis when it comes to nap time. Even if the big kids don't sleep, they play quietly in their beds. Apparently, my neighbors aren't aware that this is the most necessary part of my day with three lovely, little angels because they are literally DRILLING A HOLE IN THE SIDE OF THEIR HOUSE WITH THE CRAZIEST MACHINE I HAVE EVER SEEN! What?!! Seriously, I guess I will have to retype the memo that I handed out to every neighbor within a five mile drive that this is quiet time at the Matchells. And there is no drilling allowed. And now I will go rescue my screaming baby who is as outraged about the drilling as I am. And then I will go break the machine. (Kidding! kind of...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How dare they break the Quiet Time Noise Ordinance!
I hear ya. My neighbors put horseshoes RIGHT outside our nursery window, and they play at the worst times!!!
Why can't people just be quiet all the time??
Grr! We have neighbors that must go to or from work between 2 and 3 pm on their motorcycles EVERY SINGLE DAY. I am about to go stand on the corner and flag them down and beg them to take another route home! Sorry about the loss of a nap!
Maybe you need to read your post below and go jump in a puddle :) I am just kidding - you know I love to nap (and love it when the kids take a good nap also). Give those sweet kiddos some love from the Haverdinks in Texas!! Julie
Post a Comment