Saturday, May 2, 2009

If you're grumpy, go jump in a puddle!

Yesterday was the crazy end to a crazy week! After a whirlwind trip to Dallas by myself with the kids, returning home at like 1:00 in the morning so I can make the last MM (I really like that Bible Study!), no naps (apparently, the big kids are serious about this nap-fasting period), Mikaiah running a temp every day--we all had the grumpies by yesterday afternoon and needed a break. Unfortunately, the weather here is truly Spring in all it's glory, and it has been crazy rainy. But we needed some outside time so bad, that the rain didn't even faze us. We started out slow, with just a toe dip...



got a little braver...



a little more bold...



and soon, all inhibitions fell away and we were having a blast...





Mimi, you may want to close your eyes for this last one. (Don't worry, all of our vaccinations are up to date.)


All that fun puddle jumping turned their little attitudes around. Because really, who can stay grumpy after you spend the afternoon jumping in puddles?



Our afternoon reminded me of one of my favorite days last year. Just a fun glimpse of their little personalities...



4 comments:

Wendy said...

Puddle jumping is the best!!!

Unknown said...

Yay for happier hearts! I was hoping that puddle jumping would occur when I left! Love you!

Michelle said...

How cute! I love the joy on their faces. The comparison to last year was great.
Tell Jill I said Congratulations on her new baby!

Melissa said...

HOW FUN! You must be the most fun mom EVER. Lincoln's gonna be begging to go to yalls house soon :)