Thursday, July 16, 2009
And I'm good, for life...
You know how it is. You go through your day--cleaning up spilled cereal, gathering toys, mopping up spilled juice, picking up more toys, washing wet sheets, tracking down the elusive box of wipes, telling your kids not to howl like coyotes at the table...Just the normal, day to day things. Then something happens that brings everything into perspective. As mothers, we give a lot and don't always get a thank you. Don't get me wrong, I love it! But after being on your toes all day and trying to make everything fun and a learning experience while at the same time trying to lead these little hearts to God, well, it's just nice when someone notices. Tonight, the kiddos and I were at the sand volleyball courts. My team was between games and I was giving Mikaiah some water. Jakin turned to me and said, "Mom, you're really sweet with babies." I tried to hide my surprise while I thanked him. But then, he took it a step further and looked me right in the eye and said, "You're a good mom." And I just about cried on the spot. Seriously, that's all I needed. A sweet thank you from my sweet little man. That's about as good as it gets.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
wow. I teared up just reading it. (can you tell James is out of town since I am obsessively reading blogs? :) )
THat is such a sweet moment and sweet kid!
Sweet story! And I'm sorry, but is that first picture Brian? I've always thought Jakin resembled him a lot, but that picture made me look again!
Awwww.... I love it. LOVE it.
The kids live in their own little world, that revolves right around them. When they actually stop and suddenly realize, "hey, I'm really blessed. She is great"... it's like time stands still. I love those moments. Wish I could make time stand still more often!
You are an awesome mom!! You can always count on kids for honesty!
So sweet!
Isn't it fun having a boy who is ALL boy but yet a sweet tender heart!
Will is telling me all the time how beautiful my dress is and he gently rubs my face :)
Incredibly SWEET!
sweet boy!! I'm glad that he told you that cause we all see it!!
Post a Comment