I had this amazing opportunity in college to coach youth volleyball. I got to hang out with some of the sweetest girls as they progressed from middle school to high school. I heard all about their boy problems and their friend problems, watched them go through braces and those awkward years of bangs. Now, those adorable girls have grown into beautiful, godly young women who are graduating from college and getting married!! I can hardly believe it. (Brian commented a little while back that they are all WAY too young to get married. At that moment I reminded him that he swept me to the altar at a younger age than them. Looks a little different from this side of things, doesn't it? Ha!) Anyway, some of these girls have been very influential in the lives of my little crazies, and I am so excited that we get to share in their special days with them. Some have alluded to the idea that my kids are only in a few weddings because they are B/G twins and who doesn't want a set of twins in their wedding?!! However, I refuse to buy into that notion. I think it's because the wisdom that I so lovingly advised them with in my early twenties carried them through their tumultuous teenage years and has helped them be happy, well-adjusted adults. Hmmmm... all of a sudden, the twin idea does seem to have more merit...
Here are Anna and Mikaiah, trying on dresses with another little flower girl for Korri's wedding. Mikaiah isn't even a flower girl. We were just there, and the dresses were so irrisistable...


And here is Spiderman, who is going to be a ring bearer for Korri, enjoying the limelight and fulfilling his role of providing at least a little testosterone in a very girly store.

While Anna was twirling and dancing, Jakin was loving the way his "webs" bounce off all the mirrors. Oh how I love the differences between boys and girls!

(In case you were wondering, these pictures were taken a while back when we actually ordered the dresses. I do not allow my little spiderman to run around in shorts and a t-shirt in December. Although he would prefer that.)
3 comments:
You know, I looked at these pics and came to the conclusion that Anna is right - she is REALLY cute! =)
those pictures are ADORABLE!!! and jason would be proud of jakin's shorts :)
The absolute cutest pictures ever!!
Post a Comment