Thursday, June 18, 2009

Anna was in her element

A few weeks ago, Jakin and Anna got to be in a wedding as the flower girl and ring bearer and Anna LOVED it!! Jakin was a little more hesitant (the pastor had a Lightning McQueen in his pocket to coax him down the aisle), but we literally could not tear Anna away from the bride's side all before the wedding. (The bride was a former JBU volleyball player, so we have had that fun connection the last few years.) Brian joked that when Anna realizes that being a wedding coordinator is a career--helping people to look pretty then telling them what to do--she is going to realize her calling. The only nightmarish moment came when we were seconds from walking down the aisle and I realized that Anna was loudly and very obviously chewing gum. I told her to spit it out but she answered me in an awed voice that is was "special gum" because the bride had given it to her earlier and she would be SO SAD if Anna spit out her special gum. I had to think fast because I saw this spiraling downward at an unprecedented rate, so I stuck out my hand and told her to spit in there and that I would hold it while she walked down the aisle. It worked like a charm and after she did her flower-dropping job to perfection, she quickly walked over to me and asked for her gum back. (The only other moment of panic for me came when Anna got up and danced to the music while the bride and groom took communion .) Here are a few pictures of the kiddos all dressed up...


It was a LONG walk for little 3 year old legs, but they did surprisingly well!



The beautiful bride...


Our handsome little man...


Standing in front of a "Love is not selfish" sign in a pose they did completely on their own. Funny because I quote that to them all the time.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, they look so precious! Jakin in his little suit - amazing! They do NOT look 3, Chris. Growing up way too fast!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute all dressed up! I love all your stories. Never a dull moment in the Matchell household I know!

Smits Family said...

ok Jakin looks awesome! I love it!

Tyson and Lisa said...

they're so adorable! and I absolutely love the gum story!!

Amber Coats said...

of course aubs gave her the gum, because she herself is crazy about gum. the kids look adorable. wish i could have seen it.

Adelia said...

Absolutely, positutely adorable! Oh my!

liasmomma said...

They are just DARLING!!! I think I'd be kissing them a hundred times a day. And the things they come up with are so funny! I get a chuckle from them.

Trish