Monday, June 29, 2009

Sweet words over Beef Stroganoff

Tonight I had some music playing while the kids and I sat down to dinner. Anna heard one of the songs mention Jesus, which opened up a sweet little conversation. Anna often surprises me with her profound three year old thoughts. We talk about Jesus and heaven often, but we haven't really talked about the dancing and singing aspect of heaven. :) I jotted her words down during dinner so that I wouldn't forget. I'll just share the end of the conversation with you...

Anna: So, you're going to be in heaven someday and you'll never leave?
Me: That's right.
Anna: I'm going to heaven because I have Jesus in my heart. And I will get to DANCE in heaven. When Jesus sees me, he will say, "Anna, I have a purple dress for you." --so I can dance. And I will sing to Jesus. I will sing, "Jesus, you're the only one!"
Anna: Mommy, will Jesus have presents for us when we get to heaven?
Me: Well, the Bible talks about that... Jesus says he went to heaven to make a place in his house for you.
Anna: Will I have a bed at his house?
Me: I'm not sure. We may not need to sleep because we'll be having so much fun dancing and singing.
Anna: But I might need to bring my bed with me to heaven.
Me: Jesus has everything we need in heaven. We don't need to take anything with us.
Anna: Ok. When I see Jesus, he's going to hug me and we're going to dance.

5 comments:

Vicki (Bult) said...

Oh my word, Christine! What an absolute sweetheart she is!! I found your blog through facebook and get a kick out of reading about your sweet kiddos.

Wendy said...

Awwww....I love it. Just love it! Such a sweetheart.
You, Mama, are doing a good job!

Wendy said...

Make sure to put that in her baby book!!

Anonymous said...

She says the sweetest things!!! I wish my girls could hang with her and catch some of that sweetness! =) (After her uncle left, I asked Mackenzie, "Are you sad that Uncle James is leaving?" She said, "No, I don't get sad.")

Zach and Erin Kennedy said...

That is the sweetest thing!! I saw Lisa Toews yesterday and she told me you had a blog. Your kids a precious. I love the things kids come up with!