Sunday, June 21, 2009

I almost swam into a boat. For real.

I had SO MUCH FUN racing this morning! I made a few mistakes and lost my chain on the bike (again! ah!!!) but still met my goals- finished with a time under 2 hours and had a lot of fun- which made me really happy. It was a much bigger race than last year--which was actually nice because it solidified in my mind that I truly am just doing this for fun and will never be some amazing triathlete who travels around to national qualifiers all over the nation. And I am completely ok with that. (I mean, I was pacing myself on the bike with this stud 69 year old man. That really brought the truth home...) Brian put together this sweet little video. (This is what he does for the high school b-ball team, except on a much larger scale.) You may notice Mikaiah's absence, she spent the day with wonderful friends to make this crazy Father's Day at least a little easier for my sweet hubby. Also, I totally randomly ran into one of my best friend Jill's closest friends from Ouachita Baptist (which was especially fun since Jill got to come this morning!!). Kara is in a few pictures with me. We stuck together at the beginning until she took off on the bike. :)


14 comments:

Smits Family said...

WAy to go you stud!!!! I am so proud of you... I want to train for one with ya!

And WAY to go Bryan... getting this video together, taking pictures! And all on fathers day! I am wayyyyyyyyyyy impressed!

Did you know that I love you guys!?

Michelle said...

Good job Christine! I'm so proud of you!
Way to go on the video, Brian. That is such a fun keepsake. I loved the little captions. :)

Amy said...

Wow- so impressive. The whole thing- your race, the fact that this video is edited and up is amazing. My favorite part is the little voices cheering "good job mom". I actually got a little choked up- musical montages always do that to me, plus it's late, and I'm tired. :)

I saw Paige & Rob this afternoon and she said you did such a great job. AND that she forgot to tell you there is new Gluten Free Chex Cereal at Walmart, and I saw it there tonight! Got get some!! :)

Unknown said...

wow i am so impressed! you are in superwoman shape! :)

Suzanne said...

Very impressive and I too almost choked up knowing the preparations you went through and hearing those little people being so proud of you!

Adelia said...

Oh my goodness, you have the best cheerleaders in the world!!! Their little "good job, Momma's"...Oh my heart just started swelling! Sweet, sweet.

AND---You are AMAZING!!!

Finally, Man, Brian has some good video creating talent goin' on!

Melissa said...

what a precious video!! you're amazing, girl!

Unknown said...

way to go stud!!

sorry i didn't get to make an AR trip. things just got crazy around here. imagine that!

is jill hanging with you this week? y'all have fun!

love you!

Tyson and Lisa said...

hearing the twins cheering you on almost make me tear up...I'm very impressed with your race, and the fact that Brian got the video/picture show already together and ready for the blog so fast! way to go!

Rachel said...

Way to go!! :-D What a great video!! You did awesome!

Wendy said...

You. Are. Amazing. AMAZING!!
And I love Brian's "Good, Job, Hon" repeatedly! Soooo sweet. The video is just priceless!!

Way to goooooooo!!

Meredith Adair said...

This is the best video - ever!!! How fun to watch it - so inspiring! Chris - way to go!! I love the shots of Anna and Jakin with happy hearts. Great job Brian~!

I'm the same as Amy, got a little choked up too! So great!

Amber Coats said...

yeah, what can i say that hasn't already been said. inspiring chris, and great video brian. now i want to hear the stories of the chain falling off, and swimming into a boat... "almost".

Meredith Adair said...

I agree with Amber - those stories should be post number 2...