Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My First Triathlon






Sunday morning, I completed my first sprint triathlon (500 yd. swim, 15 mile bike, 3.1 mile run)! I loved it and will hopefully do many more in the future. The weather wasn't great, it poured all morning and the race was postponed slightly, but it cleared out by the time we got to the bike. Despite the weather, the whole family was out early Sunday morning in their matching shirts! It was so awesome having all the kids there! They were camped out by the transition area, so I got to see them alot; however, Anna said she never saw me "because I was so speedy". :) (I think the truth of the matter is that they were enjoying jumping in all the puddles with their buddy Isaiah--who's daddy, Matt did the triathlon and was amazing!!) It was just such a cool experience and great to meet a long-time goal of mine.

7 comments:

Amber Coats said...

Chris, so proud of you that you did it!! You are a super mom!

Michelle said...

Thanks for adding me to your list. :) I saw your pictures on facebook and here. I think that is so awesome that you did a triathalon, especially so soon after having a baby! I wish you were coming to Kansas (during golf weekend.) We are coming to Arkansas the last weekend in September, so we'll see you then.

The Frugal Muse said...

Micheal Phelps, move on over. You got nothin' on Chris Matchell.

The long-awaited triathlon is now conquered. Congrats! And the matching shirts are great!

Stephanie said...

Hello Matchell family!!! I saw the link to your blog on Vicki and Kerwin's blog...now I have another blog to keep up with!!! Woohoo!! Hope all is well with you guys!!!

Stephanie (and Warner)

Meredith Adair said...

Love the pictures! What an awesome accomplishment! The shirts and matching onesie are adorable - what proud kids!

Unknown said...

You are amazing! Brian must be super proud! Jared and I are impressed. We tried finding you guys on facebook and failed. Glad you've got a blog! ~Heidi

Adelia said...

You are sooooo cool!!!