Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My little Matchell Maniacs...

I had just laid Mikaiah down for a nap and was finally getting around to take a shower (at about 10:30) when a little blonde head poked it's way around the curtain. "Mom," Anna said very seriously, "Jakey just went into Mikaiah's room." I knew Mikaiah probably wasn't asleep yet, but still, Jakin knows he's not supposed to go in there without Mommy, so I told her, "Please go tell Jakin in a quiet, kind voice to come out of Mikaiah's room." As the curtain closed, I heard Anna's little pattering feet run out of the bathroom and her sweet little voice yell at Jakin. About 10 seconds later, Anna pokes her head into the shower yet again. "Mom, Jakin is not obeying me. And the bathroom floor is wet." I just have to laugh as I'm having this conversation with my very grown-up 2 yr. old while I'm trying to rinse the shampoo out of my hair, that Mommy is the one who is resonsible to make Jakin obey and that these little chats that Anna is having with Mommy is the reason there is water on the floor in the bathroom. Then Jakin strolls into the bathroom, and since Anna is already chatting with Mommy, he assumes he can too. "Mommy," he sincerely explained, "Mikaiah wanted to see my golf club, so that's why I had to go into her room..." Ah, the memory of uninterupted showers. :)

3 comments:

Allison Bellomy said...

LOL...congrats on the Blog! sorry about the shower...oh well! looking forward to reading it :) love you guys!

Meredith Adair said...

This is great. You will never regret posting fun stories like this! The kids will love to read them when they are older! : ) You should write a book - "the truth about having twins..."

See you tonight on our much needed break!

Michelle said...

Hey Chris...
Welcome to the world of blogging! I love the updated pictures of the kids----they are adorable!
Alright...why are the Nebraska Manthe's not on your blog list???? :)