Monday, September 15, 2008

Our baby girl!




Well, I don't really have any excuse for not posting the last few weeks, except that I was reading like a maniac in my free time. Thankfully, I have temporarily curbed my Christian-fiction addiction, so I'm back in the real world! The last few weeks have been big for Mikaiah! She turned 6 months old. (I can't believe she's already that big!) She started eating solids. (Peas were her first veggie and are her favorite, of course, cause she's cool just like Mommy.) She started sitting up (at least for short periods of time), and she cut her first tooth today (which finally justifies all the drool!!) She's quite the little talker, especially during inoportune times, such as during the prayer at bible study. :) She also got called a boy 4 times last week, so we no longer leave the house without a bow, because apparently, dressing in pink from head to toe does not distinguish her as a girl to strangers in Wal-mart. (Michelle--we get all our bows from bloomingbows.com, from Brian's wonderful aunt. They are durable and fit great!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun place for me to keep up with you guys! Your site is so much more aesthetically pleasing than mine. I need to get pics up. Thanks for posting here so I can still see my wonderful family back in AR! I miss you guys!!!

jlhaverdink said...

So what have you been reading? I have a busy week but will be looking for a good read next week! Sorry about the boy comments. We understand, which is why your rather conservative brother had his little girls' ears pierced :)

Adelia said...

Oh, yes, what are you reading these days??

And I feel your pain, well, the opposite but same. No matter how much blue my two youngest wear/wore it's, "Look at those blonde curls; she is so pretty." That's when Alex finally got a hair cut at 2. Sigh....

Speaking of hair cuts, my baby is developing a nice mullet. Mullet: business in the front, party in the back! Ya!