Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Nap time mysteries...
Yesterday, I went in after "nap time" (which was actually just two hours of playing in their room because they never went to sleep) to get the big kids up and discovered a bit of a mess. They had completely pulled out one of their dresser drawers and had hats, mittens and all of Anna's one thousand hair bands and barretts scattered throughout the room. Today, I told them that they would be in big trouble if they made a mess again (I usually use specific consequences, but since I've been cleaning up Mikaiah's puke all day, I'm totally worn out and was really hoping they would just be scared by the ambiguous "big trouble" warning...) So, after hearing just a little too much noise for them to be resting quietly, I peeked my head in a second ago. I found Jakin and all of his blankets and pillow in Anna's bed (we separated their beds about six months ago because Anna was in a bit of a biting stage--apparently, Jakin doesn't mind abusive female relationships, because he keeps on going back to her. Anna never gets out of her bed, but somehow always lures Jakin over. This does not bode well for future relationships...) Anyway, I walked into their room to see what they were holding. Somehow, they had pulled out all the shelf liner from the bottom of the drawer holding all the hair stuff. They managed to lift up all of the baskets and apparently pulled it from underneath somehow. When they saw me, they both said, "We didn't make a mess!" and held up the shelf liner with pride. They were so proud of themselves, I didn't point out that they had still disobeyed by leaving their beds and not going to sleep. Instead, I just smiled and pulled the door closed again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
THAT'S GREAT! Are they dropping their nap and not sleeping much anymore?
I hear ya! Sometimes I cringe before I open the door during naptime. =) You either see them sleeping and you think they are angels, or you see them playing and you think they are stinkers!
So funny...I mean, that whole thing about biting and abusive female relationships just had me rolling on the floor. Haaahaaaaaa!!!!
And the kids are hilarious, too, with the "we didn't make a mess" bit. Man, they're cute!
(Trev stopped taking naps when he was 3. I thought I'd die, but we managed...somehow. He still "rests" but never stays in bed for long.)
your children make me giggle.they are so cute and i can just imagine how they look at times like this!
Post a Comment