9. PBS heard about Jakin's sabbatical from normal 3 yr. old activities and called to offer him a position as a consultant for his insightful critiques on Curious George and Sesame Street.
8. Our little theologian has decided to read through the Bible in her new-found free time
7. I have decided to write a sequal to Shepherding A Child's Heart called How to Keep Your Children Sick and on the Edge of Exhaustion--The Amazing New Discipline Method That Minimizes Spanking (But Slightly Maximizes Whining) . (to be released in March of 2009)
6. Mikaiah has begun sorting through cupbourds to get a head start on spring cleaning
5. The CEO of a major pharmacuetical company is considering sending us a thank-you note since we've personally funded his vacation home in Tahiti.
4. Have I mentioned all the fabulous snuggle time with my sweeties?
3. Our home-bound status has made us the new outreach ministry. Sweet friends have been amazing by bringing things like coffee and blueberry muffins. (There's even a rumor of a delicious homemade Italian meal in the works. Yeah!!)
2. The middle of the night wake-sessions have provided some quality time with Daddy during his busy season. Who knew Daddy could give such sweet tickles and hugs at 1:00 in the morning? (Doesn't it seem odd that Daddy's can chase and tickle until the moment kids fall into bed without any negative repercussions while Mommies work to create a serene bedtime environment and are rewarded with screams of protest? Hmm.... there must be something to that.)
1. Even on the most challenging days of being a stay-at-home mom, it still beats the pants off a 9-5 job. I get sweet payments of hugs, kisses, and was most recently named "the best mom in the whole wide world" by my adoring son.
10 comments:
OK, that is absolutely adorable! Leave it to you to find positive points to the neverending illnesses that plague your family! i love you hon, and hope we can still see each other soon!
You stretch me, Chris. You always sound uplifting and chipper! In the midst of it all, you always have a smile in your words! Praying for you guys!
Miss you guys but so enjoy keeping up with your precious family. The 2 sweetest things in the world is hearing "footed pjs" on the floor and baby teeth! Enjoy ALL your moments while they are little! Call if you need anything!
Hey Christine. I was just wondering if you could give me your email again and your home address. Thanks and PS - I love your blog!!!:)
Anna Lane
Oh, Chris! I don't even know what to say! You are such a trooper though. I'll be praying for you all to get better.
Hey Anna! I lost your info too--my email is camatchell@gmail.com. I'd love to hear from you!! How's Maggie doing?
Chris, woman you are amazing! "When you turn your face to the sun, you can't see the shadows."
Let me know if you need any prescriptions picked up or anything!
RSV!!! Man, you are the third friend this year to have this hit their family! You are the only one not in the hospital with it though :) the bright side of things!
I can't wait to see ya!
So sorry you are stuck at home, but it looks like you're enjoy the coziness! Mine are sick this week too....probably going to the dr tomorrow. I do love snuggly sick babies!
Chris, I am so sorry about the RSV! I hope everyone is finally on the road to recovery. You are a trooper.
Post a Comment