Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Parents, look no further!!
Anna is very into pretending. She often pretends she's someone else (usually the cousins she adores--Allison or Sarah, or our dear friend Britney). Today, she pretended to be me and insisted on being called "Mommy" all day. I would say, "Anna, would you please...." And every time she would gently remind me that she was the Mommy. Well, it turned out to be a fantastic thing! All day, she was super-helper. After lunch, she went over and above just clearing off her own plate and was picking up around Mikaiah's highchair and putting everything in the sink. I said, "Wow Anna! You're being really helpful!" She just looked at me indulgently and said, "Mommies have to clean up. That's what Mommies do all day." It was hilarious! Like she was reprimanding me for forgetting how tough her job as a one-day Mommy was. At least it got her helping a ton!! Maybe I'll get them to pretend all the time. I wouldn't mind being a three year old for a day. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is too funny. I can just imagine the whole situation.
All of your hard work doesn't go unnoticed after all!! They do appreciate it! : )
Hilarious! The little stories you put on your blog about your kids crack me up!
How funny! And I agree, they do appreciate it! That's awesome validation!
I wish your sweeties were already teenagers, cuz I have a feeling you're going to be really good at being the mom of teens, too.
Love reading your creative stories and so appreciate how much you relish this fleeting time w/the little ones...
Blessings, dear one.
we missed seeing you guys last night!! hope the little ones are feeling better!! :)
Post a Comment