Friday, January 9, 2009

The fun never ends!!

If the word sick is synonymous with fun, then the Matchell household is like one big party! I took Mikaiah to the doctor today after hearing her poor little chest rattle with each breath and she has RSV. Sigh. Another week without interaction with other children.
(But really, who needs interaction with other people? Um, maybe me since I kept on trying to engage the nurse in idle conversation. Pathetic.) On a positive note, she's gaining weight back and is only a few ounces away from 17 lbs, which puts her in about the 6th percentile. (Watch out sumo-wrestlers, our heavy-weight is on her way back!) Lest you think Mikaiah is the only sickey in the house--she keeps on passing her sweet germs to her adoring big brother. It could be because he is always kissing and tickling on her. But Daddy and Anna are staying strong! If only that immunity gene were dominant! The doctor was also an optimist--he said that the bright side of them getting all of these viruses now is that they'll probably have perfect attendance at school since they'll have built up an immunity to everything. I like his attitude. I'm hanging my hopes on that. :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Chris! That stinks...poor baby. I'm sorry you are stuck in the house. At least it's a beautiful day- are you allowed to take her outside for a walk? I bet you could talk to people at the park and leave her in the stroller. :)

Adelia said...

We had RSV last year. I totally can sympathize with you if you need it. I waited too long for Isaac. He had to have 3 breathing treatments in the office and months of breathing treatments afterward. I'm glad you caught it early-ish!!!