Monday, October 13, 2008
How's Canada this time of year?
On a normal day, my kids are really quite good. We have spankings now and then, and some pretty major fits here and there, but for the most part--they obey and are reasonalby sweet. However, today they were terrible. Yelling, kicking, hitting, screaming... you name it, they did it today. So at like 1:00 I decided to lay them all down for a nap because I was just emotionally spent. However, the children had other ideas... after 30 minutes of screaming about something I neglected in the putting-to-bed process, Anna fell asleep sprawled out in the middle of the floor with her blanket wrapped around her head. Mikaiah cried for about the same amount of time in protest of being layed down sooner than usual (or so I thought--she actually had a poopy diaper for her entire nap becaue in all the craziness I apparently forgot to change her--poor baby!). Since Anna was so out of control, I laid Jakin down in our bed to take a nap. He was actually being pretty good, so I just tucked him in and he was quiet. After I finally got the girls calmed and settled, I sat on the front porch for a bit, soaking in the beautiful day and the peacefulness outside. I went back inside, much more calm and ready to face a wonderful naptime break when I realized that I had to go to the bathroom (which is a problem because we only have one and it's located between ours and the twins bedroom). I quietly opened the door to our bedroom to sneak through to the bathroom when I came across Jakin--still awake in our bed, covered with my favorite lip gloss from head to toe. He had obviously taken a great amount of time rubbing it in to every available surface of skin, in the process getting pink, shiney hand prints all over his white shirt and our sheets. I just silently closed the door and went back in the living room to laugh before I dealt with him. It was either that or run away to Canada and never come back. About that time, Anna realized she was sleeping on the floor and started screaming again about the injustice of it all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh my word!!!!! I don't really know what to say. You should have called me! : )
You do such a good job with patience!
you are trouble...we talked last night andyou forgot to mention ALL of this! praying today goes better!
Oh, my goodness! The lip gloss is too funny! Bless your heart, what an afternoon!
You should have walked back in with the camera! :)
Isn't mothering fun!
Oh you poor thing!!
(And what a good mommy you are for choosing to laugh in the other room, rather than scream or cry!)
At least it was just lipgloss. I've heard a sorry tale about a poopy diaper that was ..used as paint.
Remember, things are never as bad as they could be! ;-)
this post is close to down right amazing... I'm glad you blog! :)
Post a Comment