Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sweet Baby Prayers

While I was growing up, my parents usually did family devotions at dinner. Even though I didn't always appreciate it growing up, I now realize what a great tradition it was and have tried to carry it on with my children at breakfast. Every morning at breakfast we read a Bible story, then talk about what we need to pray for and both Anna and Jakin pray. It is so sweet to hear them pray! I just love it! Today, Anna said we need to pray for "Ms. Micki" (Vicki Dees) and "Mr. Jimmy" (the Fire Chief here in town, who is one of the kids FAVORITE people!). It's so cute to see how they both pray with similar words to what Brian and I say... Here's what Anna prayed for this morning. "Dear God, thank you for Mommy and Daddy. Please bless Ms. Micki and her body. Please bless Mr. Jimmy and all firefighters. (at this point, she opened her eyes and looked around the table for more ideas...) And thank you for dinosaur cups. Amen."

2 comments:

Michelle said...

adorable...i'm going to have to borrow that idea one of these days!

Vicki Dees said...

It is great that you are teaching your kids to pray. Thanks also for helping them pray for Vicki. Both of those acts comes from a heart of love. A heart for the Lord and for us.

Kerwin and Vicki.