I've been on this couponing kick lately and have been trying to do everything as inexpensively as possible, so I took the time to make delicious sandwiches for lunch. You know those rare moments when sandwiches just sound like the perfect lunch? That was one of those days. Well, things were crazy on the way out the door, as usual, so I decided to delegate and put Anna in charge of the sandwiches. (She's quite the organizer and very responsible.) Unfortunately, after we were about halfway there, I took inventory of all the delicious lunch food that my mouth was watering for: strawberries? check. grapes? check. bananas? check. rice cakes? check. sandwiches? hmmmm... no sandwiches. I turned around and said, "Anna, where are the sandwiches?" "At home." she sweetly replied. Shoot. And my wonderful, frugal, time-consuming plans were for nothing. (I know what you're thinking at this moment, "She's three! What were you thinking?! But seriously, sometimes she's more responsible than me. Seriously. Like the other day when she reminded me that I forgot to spank her for disobeying...) Jakin and Anna had a blast, but I was pleasantly surprised at the wonderful time Mikaiah had. Her favorite animal was the "dog-dog". Which was actually every animal that we saw: elephants, geese, polar bear, squirrels, monkeys. All "dog-dogs". She would point with her chubby little finger and say in an awe-filled, drawn out voice "dog-dog" every time we saw a new animal. In the monkey house, Lori kept slowly enunciating the word monkey and pointing to them so that she would understand that not all animals were "dog-dogs". Instead of getting it, she just looked a little confused as she, in turn, tried to point out to Lori that those crazy, climbing animals were indeed "dog-dogs". She did end up crashing for part of the trip and spent some time looking like this...
Scoping out the elephants...
My little monkeys...
Sporting Mommy's glasses...
My brave girl getting close to the geese...
Anna trying to organize the group and navigate for us all...
3 comments:
Oh, we love going to the zoo! That was your first time?? How long have you lived around here?? Wow.
Yes, it's a great size-- not as huge as, say, the San Diego zoo, but large and interesting enough to keep grown-ups happy, too.
Do they have all of the buildings open now, or do you still have to double back through a few? Not a big deal, just wondering.
Looks like so much fun!! We plan to go again in June.
(by the way... Oli called everything "da-da" for a looong time. Dog-dog seems much nicer, when pointing to monkeys and swine. ;-)
we were just at the Tulsa Zoo on Thursday! (check out the story on my blog) yeah, it's not the most incredible zoo out there, but it's a nice size and not too overwhelming! I'm glad to hear you all had fun!
How fun!! Your kids are so cute no matter the location! Too stinkin' cute. Dana and I were taliking about you the other day. Are your ears burning? No, we agreed that you guys make some really adorable kiddos!
And we've all had sandwich moments!! Trust me!
Post a Comment