Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Matchell Men Go Fishin'

Every year on the Saturday before Easter, Brian goes fishing with his male Matchell relatives--Uncles, Cousins, and Grandpa M. This year, he decided to take Jakin along! Even though they left the house at 3 am and it was like 34 degrees out, Jakin had a BLAST!!! They drove up to Missouri with Papa and met up with some of the other Matchell men. They ate, fished, played on the playground, then fished some more.


Jakin with Papa and Great Uncle John.


Taking a little break from fishing...


The youngest new Matchell Fisherman

While the boys fished, we had a fun girls' day. I painted Anna's nails, then she painted mine. And painted mine again. And again. I think the final count was seven different colors. She was having a blast, and only painted down to the first knuckle on a fews toes/fingers. (I did touch them up just a bit--but only took the polish off the skin. I was sporting Anna's easter-egg handiwork today at church...) We also colored, did puzzles, and shopped. It was a wonderful girls/boys day. :)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Love these. What a great tradition!! (And, hey, he could already be earning a boy scouts badge for this!! Heehee)