The last few weeks have been potty-training central around here. Even though Jakin showed NO signs of readiness and NO interest, I was SO ready to be done changing his little 3 1/2 year old diapers. So, last Tuesday, I told him that he was wearing big boy underwear and we were giving all of his diapers to Mikaiah (except for when he sleeps.) The first day was torture--for him and for me. He kicked and screamed each time I literally dragged him into the bathroom. (I finally made a chart and he got a sticker each time he would at least walk into the bathroom without throwing a fit. That did help a bit.) Morning of day one: no success. A lot of pee on the floor. None in the potty. But then, it happened. The sweet sound of a little trickle into the potty. Anna and I were jumping and screaming in excitement (she gets a treat if she cheers him on). Jakin looked at us and realized what a big deal it was. He got a huge grin and pumped his fist in the air and shouted, "I'm a hero!!!"
Our little hero:

And to me, that day, he was definitely a hero. Things have improved tremendously since then! He's doing really awesome. Yeah for Jakin!!
7 comments:
YEAH! Way to go Jakin!
It is amazing how big of a deal potty training is to you when going through it! I hope he is totally out of the diapers soon!
way to go Jakin!!! and way to go Mom!!! You are both heros :)
Good job Jakin! I hope he continues to do so well for you!
Yay, Jakin! You ARE a hero! :-)
Maybe you can start rewarding him with "knight" stuff. I think they have swords and armor at the Dollar Tree..
Aren't those first few trickles some of the most exciting moments in parenthood? =) Congratulations to the little hero!
That story is hilarious. I love it.
Yeah for Jakin!! So happy for you. Just a little FYI - -potty-ing off the porch is always HUGE fun for my boys! (Actually peeing off anything/anywhere/anytime is big fun??!!) Just in case he gets board & needs something new to try.
Post a Comment