Saturday, April 4, 2009
No police inquiries yet...
The Matchell family went on a fun family outing tonight. Our poor iMac had to go the "hospital" and we were desperate to get it back, so we packed up the whole fam and had a little fun on the town. Some shopping, yummy food (tough to find when you have gluten-restrictions in the family--but we're working with it!) and recovering our most prized worldly possession. (I'm aware that materialism is a sin. I'm working on it. Let's just be thankful that I don't have an Odyssey yet. Then I would truly have to repent.) We split up to do some quick shopping. I got the baby, Brian took the big kids. (Yes, I realize I was definitely the winner in the ease-of-shopping contest. But I have to downplay it to ensure it happens again.) Anyway, Brian was having a great time with the kids, holding hands and skipping away from the mall (seriously. the kids bring out his secret silliness.) when all of a sudden Anna started screaming hysterically. Brian thought she had been mortally wounded by the severity of her screams. He checked her over--no protruding bones, no blood. Turns out, her shoe simply fell off. Apparently, it was catastrophic. (Especially at 7:00 pm after a day without a nap.) Brian recovered the lost shoe. Unfortunately, everyone was now aware of this lone man leaving the mall, out on a Friday night, dragging two children (one still screaming) quickly to his beat up mini-van. He could have sworn he heard the words "Amber Alert" being whispered as he was inconspicuously being photographed by someone's iPhone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so funny! I told Fred your story, and he got one of those "been there" expressions on his face. Poor daddies!
Post a Comment