Saturday, November 29, 2008
I seem to be a magnet for things like this...
So, I ventured out into the shopping-crazed world this morning at 4:15 to get some good deals... It was actually very fun. I went with a really fun group of friends, so even the psycho shoppers who had early morning grumpiness didn't get us down. Although, by 7:30 am, it felt like I had been up all day. Thankfully, the pizza place in the mall was open, so we were able to have a pepperoni snack for our second breakfast. GAP was having a great sale on sweaters, and since it is pretty rare for me to escape the chaos long enough to actually try on clothes before I buy them, I was thrilled to take advantage of this morning. Armed with a few cute sweaters, I thought it was odd that the lock on the dressing room door was a bit broken, but I didn't really think anything of it. After much deliberation over whether gray or purple would complement my pasty winter skin the best, I tried to exit the dressing room--however, the door had other ideas. I pulled and pushed and turned the lock so hard that I thought my fingers were going to bleed--all to no avail. Finally, I knocked tentatively on the door and called out "Hello? Can anyone help me? I think I'm locked in here..." A GAP associate quickly hurried over; unfortunately, even with alot of effort and two sets of keys, the door remain locked. About this time, I was beginning to wonder which would be my better option: I could run around in tight circles in order to work up enough speed to high jump through the 2 ft. opening above the 6 ft. door OR try to pull a spiderman-like move by scaling the corner of the room above the bench seat. Forrtunately, 10 minutes later, the manager was able to unlock the door with a magical set of keys. I suppose I'll have to break out my spiderman skills another time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i had no idea you were a crazy shopper! i might be tempted to go sometime if it was with a fun group of people...and there was starbucks involved! :)
i can't believe you got locked in a dressing room...i think you should have tried the spiderman thing....you would have been jackson's HERO!! you already are one in my book! talk to you soon...miss ya!
oooh! What kind of deals did you find? I almost called you to tell you about the portable dvd players at Target. Sorry you got locked in in the dressing room! At least you had fun friends with you to have a good laugh! : )
Mere
Crazy, crazy. I stayed bundled in the warmth of my house.
And that is HILARIOUS about the dressing room. (I'm sure it didn't seem that way at the time.)
you crack me up!! i love the way you narrate your crazy charades :)
Post a Comment