Sunday, November 2, 2008
Lemons into Lemonade
We were forty-five minutes early to church this morning! I know what you're thinking, "What?! Is this the Matchells? They're NEVER early for anything!" Oh wait, you're right... we weren't early, we were actually 15 minutes late, but as we drove up to the totally empty church parking lot--we realized we had forgotten to set our clocks back!! It had been one of "those" mornings...Jakin was crying because his tongue was still sore from halloween, Mikaiah was screaming in outrage that we had the audacity to get her dressed for church, and I think Anna was crying simply because it seemed like the popular thing to do (although she claimed that she had some type of horrible eye pain that could only be soothed by a damp washcloth). We were out of milk, juice, eggs, and cereal, so I was making the kids eat oatmeal, even though they weren't interested. Through all the drama, I was trying to swish with disgusting mouthwash to hopefully kill the resilient thrush in my mouth that seems to be stronger than modern medicine. And to top it all off, Brian woke up with a white tongue--apparently, contrary to popular medical opinion, thrush is contagious. By the time we loaded all three still-crying children into the car--Brian and I were a little worn out. I was dreading the now constant reality that I would be called out of Sunday School and/or church to calm my screaming baby. So, as we drove past the empty parking lot of our church, it was a relief to hear Brian call out "Who wants to go to the park for a little while?" Our little family enjoyed the beautiful weather scaling playground equipment in our Sunday best. We had a wonderful time. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh my....so sorry! sounds crazy, but glad it turned out ok. i will call you in the spring if i happen to remember :)
I love that you are so positive! Lemons into lemonade, indeed...We've been having several of "those" mornings lately...Nice to hear someone else's story and how they overcome!! Your family is so great!!
thrush -- have you all tried Gentian Violet? (google it) :-)
hilarious... probably not for you ... but funny to read! :)
Post a Comment