Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Just let me tight-roll my jeans...

I was stuck in the year 1990 when I came across some of the old cassette tapes from my childhood. My dear mother, who does not throw anything away, yet interestingly enough doesn't want the junk at her house, brought them in a box full of my childhood "treasures". (But seriously, who am I to point fingers since I seem to become more like Alyce Faye with passing each day.) I popped those cool tapes in and had a blast singing along with Sandi Patti and Psalty, The Singing Songbook. The kids thought they were great, too! The funniest thing was when I was trying to tell Brian about it- in my incredible excitement my words became jumbled and I mistakenly called Sandi Patti's "Friendship Company" the "Maranatha Marathon." With a completely straight face, he said," It's the "Maranatha Marathon, Psatly's Singalongathon, Hallelujah, Jubilee..." My serious, doesn't-like-to-sing-because-he-thinks-he-can't-and-is-always-embaressed-by-my-dancing-enthusiasm husband just one-upped me on early 90's music trivia! Impressive! All I can say is I've never been so excited to make the 5 hour drive to Dallas as I am now-armed with my cool cassette tapes!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I am still a fan of The Friendship Company, and as I was reading your post, the song is running through my head. I'm sure my mom has my tape somewhere, so I'll have to pull it out when I'm there sometime. I have a few Psalty CD's, so I'm trying to get Joey into listening to them. (Joe was in to Patch the Pirate when he was little, so we like to have 'friendly' conversations about what is better!) :)

Meredith Adair said...

Did you enjoy jamming to Psalty going down to Texas? I've made many trips with Psalty as my main listening CD - I secretly love it! : )

Unknown said...

So I just sent out another email update and realized the reason you're not on my mailing list...I don't know your address! I'm gonna need that address if you want to get a hold of me.

Oh yeah, in case you haven't heard, I'm back in the States. Crazy times, but I'm alive :)