Tuesday, November 25, 2008
I wonder if I'd have any special abilities...
It is safe to assume that if I don't update the blog very often, I am spending every moment that the kids are asleep immersed in a wonderful book (after I've scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees and rendered the house spotless, of course). The current book that I find irristiable is the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. She's an amazing author. I love them, even though Brian reminds me on a daily basis that her target audience is teenagers (although, I think the emotions are a bit intense for teenagers, but what do I know? I'm just a Christian-fiction girl myself... by the way, Mimi and Alaina, I apologize for mocking your love of vampire books.) My love for reading only becomes a problem on days like today, when I was sitting in the middle of the living room floor, the kids playing all aroud me, daydreaming about what my character would be like in Meyer's world. I suddenly thought to myself, "Oh dear. I have completely lost my grasp on reality." So, blogging is my way of returning to the real world. :) Things are great around here. The kids and I drove to Oklahoma City with Papa on Saturday to watch Aunt Corrie graduate from Heart of God Bootcamp. It was a wonderful time of worship and getting a glimpse into Corrie's world. She's back in Siloam for a few months, a fact that we are thrilled about because we missed her so much! Other than that, the kids and I have been having fun at home, baking and doing fun little lessons with all of our new, wonderful birthday stuff. I'll try to post pics, but our computer is going a bit crazy at the moment, so we'll see if it works...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ok, I was seriously hoping you were going to say it was the Twilight series you were so into reading. I am on the second book. I too mocked my friends here who had already read the book, making fun of how into it they were. Well, now I am one of them. I am on the second book right now. I never thought I would love a "vampire" book so much! Have you read the whole series yet? Are you going to see the movie. Joe doesn't understand why I don't want to see the movie until I am completely done with the books because it would ruin what they are in my mind. I also think the emotions in this book are a little much for teenagers, but I probably would have loved it back then too! Happy reading! (If we lived in the same town, we would totally start a book club together!)
Post a Comment