Friday, November 14, 2008
Saying Goodbye to a "last"
Silly, scattered images that represent your past; I keep on taking pictures never quite sure of your lasts. (from Let Me Hold You Longer by Karen Kingsbury- a very sweet book about savoring the "lasts" in your kids' lives.) Today was one of those lasts that I was trying to savor. This was the last day that Jakin and Anna were two years old. This past year with them has been truly amazing. It has been very challenging, but it has been such a wonderful time of watching them learn and discover. Someone once described a crazy birthday party as "beautiful chaos". That is how I feel about this entire past year. Chaotic--trying to mold the wills of 2 year olds and bringing a baby into the mix, but also very beautiful to see how their loving personalities have developed. I feel very blessed in my calling as a mother and I realize that I will never have as much time to enjoy my children as I do in these early years; that is why it makes me a bit sad to see a year officially pass. When Anna woke up early from her nap today, she could tell I was in a bit of a reflective mood. I picked her up in my arms and said, "I love you Anna". She smiled and replied, "I like it that you love me." I told her that she makes me smile and she simply said,"I know." Let me hold on longer, God, to every precious last...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's really sweet Chris. Beautiful chaos is the perfect description of year #2.
I want to read that book now. =)
love your post...but i still can't read that book. :) happy birthday Anna and Jakin!
Ahhh, happy birthday, kiddos!
I love those song lyrics, "every blessing you pour out I'll turn back to praise" ...praise for each wonderful day, each budding personality.
Man, kids are just great!!
Post a Comment